Life at Avolon
Arts & Culture
Avolon & INSEAD
News & Thoughts
JOIN OUR HIGHLY SKILLED TEAM OF INDIVIDUALS
New York CIty
21st June 2019
Avolon is appointing a Paralegal to our New York office. The Paralegal will work under the direction of the Senior Transaction Lawyer in that office while at Avolon for the purpose of executing the tasks and responsibilities associated with the role of Paralegal.
- Assisting and supporting the transaction lawyers in project managing transactions through documentation phase to contract signature and closing.
- Actively participating in and managing transaction closings, including document execution process and completion of all relevant conditions precedent.
- Ensuring that all documentation is completed to meet deadlines and in accordance with Avolon standards and guidelines.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and agreeing ancillary documentation, such as lease amendments, side letters, conditions precedent and corporate approvals.
- Liaising where necessary with airlines, banks, aircraft buyers and sellers, manufacturers and maintenance providers.
- Co-ordinating and managing input from technical, credit, finance and commercial departments in due diligence process in aircraft trading transactions.
- Appointing and liaising with external legal counsel in all relevant jurisdictions
- Liaising with corporate service providers and trust companies in various jurisdictions to establish and manage special purpose companies and owner trusts.
- General administrative support, where required (e.g. collation of signature pages, arranging board meetings).
You will be driven, focussed, and resourceful as well as being an excellent relationship builder. You will always act with integrity and model your own behaviour to the highest standard. You will represent Avolon in a transparent and honest manner setting a strong example for others to follow. You will be able to articulate complex concepts and put forward compelling arguments and rationales to all levels and audiences within Avolon and the industry.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- University degree, preferably in law or in business (preferable)
- At least two years` experience working in a business or corporate environment
- Experience in drafting and reviewing legal documents
- Commercial acumen
- Previous experience of managing multiple relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and keen to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work under own initiative and take ownership of area of responsibility
- Excellent transaction and project management skills
Sorry, this vacancy is closed.
Newsroom & Thoughts